East Lansing's Leader in MSU Student Rental Housing

From dorm migration to graduation... You're at home with CCM

Find Your New Home


Finding an Apartment

How do I schedule a showing?

  • Apartments: Call our office to schedule a showing. We do showings Monday-Friday, 10 am-4 pm.
  • Houses: we highly recommend that you go to the house and request from the current tenants an opportunity to see the house. If they are unable or unwilling to show you the house, call the office and we can schedule a guided tour.

Does CCM rent “sight unseen”?

We strongly encourage all future residents to tour the property before signing a lease, however, it is not a requirement for all locations.

How much money do I need to put down to secure a property?

CCM requires the First Month’s rent upfront to officially take the property off the market and secure it for your group. These payments are due within 3 days of receiving your approval email.

Application Process

What is the application process?

  1. Review our Housing List and/or check our website for property information and availability. (Please note the lease start dates, which are either MAY or AUGUST.)
  2. Each member of your group must fill out a rental application (available online or in our office).
  3. Add your Top Three housing choices at the bottom of each rental application. We do, however, recommend having a list of 5-6 properties you have looked at and would be interested in just in case your first choice is not available. (Use the back of the application to add more properties.)

If your group is approved:

  1. You will receive a call from CCM letting you know your applications have been approved!!
  2. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. CCM also requires the First Month’s rent upfront to officially take the property off the market and secure it for your group. These payments are due within 2 days of receiving your approval email.
  3. CCM will email everyone a link to your lease for electronic signatures.
  4. After the lease has been signed, CCM will email the surety agreements to all cosigners.

It’s that easy!

What is the First Month’s Rent and what does it cover?

  • The First Month’s Rent is a non-refundable* payment used to secure the property and is applied to the portion of rent not included in the semesterly rent schedule.

*Should anyone in the group back out, the first month’s rent is non-refundable, a new prorated portion of the First Month’s Rent will need to be provided for any new person(s).

What qualifications are necessary to rent with CCM?

CCM requires that all residents have a cosigner and can pay rent on a semesterly basis.

Are all residents required to have a cosigner?

All residents are required to have a cosigner or pay the full year’s rent upfront.

What are the requirements for a cosigner?

All co-signers must complete a surety agreement.

What is the surety agreement?

The surety agreement is the cosigner agreement stating that if the tenant they are cosigning for is unable to pay their portion of the rent due, the cosigner agrees to cover the unpaid balance. Cosigners are only responsible for the portion owed from the tenant they cosign for; they are not responsible for the rent for everyone on the lease unless otherwise indicated.

Lease Terms

When is the rent due?

  • Houses: for all houses rent is due on the 10th according to the semesterly rent schedule.
  • Apartments: for all apartments rent is due on the 1st according to the semesterly rent schedule.

What is a Semesterly Rent Schedule?

CCM follows a similar schedule as MSU, and our rent is charged as follows:

  •  September for the fall semester (4-month payment)

  • January for the spring semester (4-month payment)

  • April/June, depending on the lease start date, for the summer semester (3-month payment)

When do late fees start?

Tenants may incur a late fee if rent has not been paid within 10 days from the initial due date.

What does “discounted rent” mean?

Residents may receive a discount on the semesterly rent if ALL residents pay together in one payment by the due date. The discount comes out to $100 per resident per semester.  Please see the sample lease for an example.

When can I renew my lease?

CCM reaches out to all of our residents in mid-September to see if they would like to re-lease their homes. Housing opens for the general public typically the first week of October.

Who is the “Security Deposit Agent”?

The Security Deposit Agent is assigned by the residents when they sign the lease. The role of the Security Deposit Agent is to act as the contact person between the residents on the lease and Management. They also take on the responsibility of having the water bill placed in their name. At the end of the lease term, the security deposit is returned to the Security Deposit Agent, who then oversees disbursing it to the other residents.

Does CCM allow subletting?

Yes, CCM allows all residents to sublease. All we ask is that a sublease agreement is turned into the office prior to the subtenant moving in. Residents are prohibited from subleasing to the same person for over 9 months.

Basic Information

Where is the office located?

234 Michigan Ave. East Lansing 48823, right behind Jonna’s downtown.

During what hours is the office open?

Monday – Friday; 9 am to 5 pm

What is the mailing address?

234 Michigan Ave.

East Lansing, MI


What is the main office line?

(517)337-7577 ext. 2

What is the general maintenance line?

 (517)337-7577 ext. 1

What types of payments are accepted?

We accept cash, cashier’s check, money orders, and personal checks.

We do not accept any form of electronic payment.

Pet Policies

Does CCM allow pets?

Pets are allowed at our properties with a one-time $500 pet fee. Dogs are not permitted in apartments.


Can I get a parking spot at my building?

Parking spots are preassigned for each property prior to signing the lease.

What do I do if someone is in my parking spot?

CCM residents should not park in another resident’s spot, however, if the car parked in your spot has a CCM parking tag, CCM asks that you are courteous and knock on their door and ask them to move their vehicle.

If someone is parked in your spot that does not have a parking tag, you have the authority to have that vehicle towed. You must first contact PACE at 351-4220, to have the vehicle ticketed and then H&H Mobile at 332-6335, to have the vehicle towed.

Moving Out

How do I turn in my keys?

After everyone has moved themselves and their belongings out of the residence, please have ONE PERSON turn in ALL KEYS to our office. We will then go through the property and REMOVE ALL ITEMS left behind. To avoid your personal items from being thrown out – and tenant charges related to their removal – please be sure you have removed EVERYTHING before turning in your keys.

When do I get my security deposit back?

The security deposit refund check and statement will be mailed within 30 DAYS of termination of occupancy to the listed forwarding address. It is the security deposit agent’s responsibility to distribute the security deposit refund money to the group.


How do I submit a maintenance request during REGULAR business hours?

Submit an online maintenance request or call our office at (517)337-7577 extension 1 for emergencies.

What do I do if my power goes out?

Before you contact the office, look outside to see if it is a neighborhood-wide problem. If it appears to be a neighborhood problem, call BWL or Consumers Energy for updates on power restoration. If it appears to be only your house/apartment that has lost power, check the circuit breaker box to see if a breaker has been tripped. Call the office if the problem is not resolved.

What do I do if I smell gas?

Call the Fire Dept and get out of the house immediately.

What do I do if I have a maintenance emergency AFTER business hours or on the weekend?

Call our After-Hours Emergency Maintenance Phone: (517) 420-5567

What do I do if I have locked myself out of my room/house?

  • During Office Hours: Come by the office and we can make you a new room key. If you are locked out of your house/apartment entry, we strongly encourage you to make a copy of your roommate’s key.
  • After Office Hours: Call the After-Hours Emergency Maintenance Phone and one of our technicians will come out to let you in. You will need to have a photo ID handy and there is a $75 charge for dispatching a tech.